How to Invest in Oil
What to look for in legitimate oil and gas drilling projects:
– Obtain notarized copy of the lease where the operator plans to drill with insurance.
– Request a copy of operators insurance.
– Make sure the investment is with the drilling operator.
– Get investor references. If they are making money, the better the chances for you.
What to avoid when investing in oil and crude oil:
– Never invest if the net revenue interest is less than 70% to the 100% working interest.
– Use caution investing in oil with an L.L.C. designed just for the crude oil investing offering.
– Stay away from salespeople who refuse to give you time to think about it.